Job ID: 143039
Suwannee American Cement, LLC., part of CRH, is a world-class operation based in Branford, Florida. Since 2003, we have been manufacturing high-quality cement for the Florida and Southern Georgia construction markets. We are recognized as an industry leader in producing high-quality cement, adopting sustainable practices and reducing the environmental impact of the cement production process. Suwannee American Cement has successful, ongoing initiatives focused on quality, the environment and its employees. SAC invests in the training and professional development of its employees and is committed to making its products within the framework and philosophy of environmental responsibility. We promote a strong safety culture, and have dedicated professionals who are focused on their own safety and the safety of their co-workers.
Responsible for managing and supervising all shift activities, while acting as the on-shift management representative and supporting Suwannee American Cement operations policies, goals and objectives. The individual oversees equipment optimization, utilization and reliability in a safe manner while maintaining environmental compliance, quality and budgeted costs.
- Ensure all employees are working and promoting safety at all time through daily, weekly, and monthly safety communcations, on the job coaching and by taking a leadership role in the plant safety program.
- Serves as a role model in the areas of leadership, teamwork, customer focus, safety, and environmental stewardship to ensure alignment with company’s goals and objectives.
- Oversees consistent production of all cement, clinker and raw mix within established quality guidelines ensuring appropriate actions and communication for any deviations.
- Ensures all employees on shift are properly task-trained
- Provide field supervision, maintains good labor relations, develops subordinates, and administers prevailing labor agreement.
- Optimizes equipment utilization in cooperation with the process and maintenance departments.
- Performs field checks, trouble shooting of raw/finish mill/kiln systems in compliance with company quality standards.
- Assumes the duties of Emergency coordinator until senior management arrives on the scene.
- Communicates significant issues to the Production Supervisor, Plant Manager and other SACC Management as necessary when unexpected events occur.
- Responsible for overseeing all Plant activities including control room activities during assigned shift.
- Maintains reports for production, inventories, and hours for all aspects of the production process.
- Investigate and identify production issues, determine and remedy causes of failure to meet quality and quantity standards, advise and assist the appropriate manufacturing support departments with the implementation of corrective action. Arrange for proper maintenance of equipment and facilities.
- Operates Control Room effectively and efficiently in coordination with the Control Room Operator.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field and/or equivalent combination of knowledge, skill and abilities.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment (preferable Cement Manufacturing industry)
- Minimum of 2 plus years’ experience in a capacity of Control Room Operator, Supervisor or equivalent is preferred.
- Good supervisory, leadership and motivational skills
- Must be able to show and take initiative based on sound problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills for use with co-workers, contractors, completing reports, etc.
- Must be able to work shift work.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently operates the control room.
- Proficient in use of mechanical, electrical and diagnostic skills.
- Ability to motivate teams.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Suwannee American Cement, LLC. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.