LEONI is a strong company concentrated on the production of wires, cables and wiring systems with 75,000 employees in 31 countries around the world. We are the market leader in Europe and one of the world’s premier providers of standardized and customer-specific wiring systems for the automotive industry. We offer all of the benefits of a top employer committed to further development, intercultural exchange and innovation. We are looking for people who bring commitment and a sense of team spirit to every challenge they take on. We have delivered significant growth in recent years and supply major customers in the automotive, commercial vehicle, and supplier sectors.
We are seeking a 2nd shift Production Supervisor, reporting to the Production Manager, for our Chicopee, MA manufacturing site. LEONI Wire, Inc. is the North American division of LEONI located in Chicopee, Massachusetts. We manufacture copper and copper alloy, plated and unplated wire mainly for the Aerospace & Defense, High speed Data, and RF Industries. Our Quality and Environmental Management Systems are certified to AS9100, ISO9000, and ISO14001.
- Supervise, train, discipline and develop hourly workers in a union shop
- Promote quality, safety and productivity within the context of established operating procedures
- Manage resources to meet production schedules and on time performance goals.
- Interface with Engineering, Quality, Production Control and Sales to manage and resolve production issues
- Promote communication and teamwork across all shifts
- Ensure changes and improvements are sustained
- Basic and Preferred Qualifications:
- 2-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Practical experience of Operational Excellence and/or Lean Manufacturing tools preferred
- Strong written and verbal communications
- A positive and energetic leadership style
- Competent in day-to-day use of PCs, and familiar with Microsoft Office software
- Associate Degree or equivalent work or educational experience is required
If you qualify, we offer an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, paid vacation/holidays, educational assistance, 401K and more.