Oregon Cherry Growers, one of the top fruit packaging companies in the U.S., is seeking a Production Supervisor (Swing Shift) at its Production Facility in Salem, OR.
The Production Supervisor will manage and direct all functions within a designated production area including the sanitation department. Ensure that production standards, quality standards, labor efficiencies, safety regulations, and product output comply with FDA, USDA and company policies. Supervise assigned staff with authority to make employment decisions. Incumbent has full responsibility for the performance of the designated production area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Position supervises unionized plant personnel assigned to designated production area.
- Orient and train employees in company policies, safety, sanitation protocol, and quality and production procedures/standards.
- Consult with Production Planner and Plant Superintendent the production schedule and performance sheets. Adjust plans accordingly and ensure staffing levels meet production schedules.
- Daily communication of personnel requirements to Human Resources.
- Document daily production records; investigate and report all production shortages, overages and losses.
- Review and resolve product hold tags in a timely manner involving all necessary personnel to clear the tag or determine final disposition of the product.
- Maintain standards of quality for finished products and materials ensuring that all required tests are performed and recorded in a timely manner.
- Notify Quality Control and Plant Superintendent of all quality deviations from standards.
- Complete and forward injury reports to Human Resources; correct all unsafe conditions in the work place as soon as possible.
- Review and approve time sheets.
- Manage employee performance; administer disciplinary actions as appropriate.
- Oversee the re-work area to ensure that product is reprocessed in a timely manner and adheres to manufacturing and product standards.
- Maintain a clean, well-organized area that promotes safety in the work place and develops good employee morale and work habits.
- Administer and maintain company policies, union contract work rules, quality standards and safety in a productive and efficient work place.
- Support and maintain positive working relationships among all plant personnel; resolve conflicts between employees or departments.
- Manage changes to procedures or processes resulting from changes in equipment, line modifications, installations, customer specifications, etc.
- Ensure departmental personnel are following all Standard Operating Procedures, General Manufacturing Practices, and plant safety requirements.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Plant Superintendent. Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Plant Manager.
- Oregon Cherry Growers, Inc. is a food processing facility and it is the responsibility of every employee to perform all job duties and other activities in a manner that upholds the safety and quality of the facilities and products produced. In addition, it is the responsibility of each employee to report all food safety issues or concerns to a Production Manager, Plant Manager or QA Management.
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Operations Management or related field; and 3-5 years management experience in food processing/manufacturing environment. Knowledge and experience may be substituted for degree.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet established deadlines.
- Computer skills required with experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrates good leadership skills and an ability to work effectively with others.
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience working within a unionized environment is a plus.
- Must demonstrate problem solving skills and ability to effectively handle conflict.
Frequent physical activity includes sitting, standing, walking, operating a keyboard, gripping with hands and fingers, lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds, hearing, talking, close and far vision. Moderate physical activity includes reaching, color identification, bending, and operating a lift truck.
Oregon Cherry Growers offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
Our company offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants including females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans.