At Pharmavite, we strive to make the world a better place. It's in our DNA.
More than 45 years ago, our founders focused on improving health & wellness by going back to the basics--good nutrition and essential nutrients & minerals. Since that day, we've been a leader in the health and wellness industry and have earned the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers by offering the highest quality vitamins and supplements under the Nature Made® brand.
At Pharmavite, we make products with a purpose, and our purpose is Bringing the Gift of Health to Life. We are always seeking like-minded, talented people who are passionate about health and wellness to join our team. We believe that if we work hard, and care about what we do, we will deliver exceptional results together.
As a trusted leader in the wellness industry, Pharmavite is seeking a Supervisor to oversee our daily operations of the Soft Gel Department. You will focus on ensuring cGMPs and SOPs are followed, to maximize production and efficiency, and to increase quality while minimizing raw material waste.
The Ideal Candidate will posess the following:
- Monitors production and daily operations of Soft Gel Department to maintain departmental quality standards.
- Oversees and ensures operating supply and equipment expenditures meet or exceed expectations.
- Performs regular inspections of the department facilities and equipment to assess and ensure compliance with SOPs, cGMPs and safety requirements. Schedules and issues work orders to maintenance for maintenance and repair of encapsulation and ancillary machines to minimize breakdowns and improve efficiency and productivity.
- Coordinates and interfaces with Engineering for equipment changes and upgrades.
- Prepares and maintains tooling for soft gel production; monitors performance closely making adjustments accordingly; evaluates tooling performance.
- Ensures raw material usage and product yields meet or exceed standards.
- Coordinates with department manager to determine production requirements and coordinates, schedules, and prioritizes work accordingly to increase customer service as well as departmental production and efficiency.
- Monitors the department to ensure safe practices are being performed and unsafe conditions are corrected.
- Provides technical support for staff for equipment and processes (trouble shoots and develops control techniques).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Requires one to two years of college or its equivalent.
A California State Board of Pharmacy Exemption Certificate to manufacture dangerous drugs and a Red Cross CPR/First Aid Certificate are preferred.
Requires two to five years manufacturing experience including supervisory experience. Previous experience in soft gel preferred.
- Competent knowledge of SOPs, cGMPs, and competent mechanical aptitude.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Flexibility to rapidly adjust to changing job requirements.
- Good communication skills.
General manufacturing and warehouse environment Ability to work weekends on a rotating schedule, as required.
Exposure to disagreeable elements is constant.
The incumbent must be able to perform this job safely without endangering the health or safety of self or others.
The incumbent has direct supervisory responsibility for 15 to 25 employees.
We are proud to offer:
- Salary is competitive with a bonus program
- Exceptional benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401K with company matching
- Life insurance, and long term disability coverage
- Educational assistance
- Substantial discounts on our products
- 11 paid holidays per year
- An opportunity to be part of a health/wellness organization
- Credit union membership
Pharmavite facility is located in the greater Los Angeles area - San Fernando, CA.
Visit our website at Pharmavite.com
Your next opportunity is just a click away!
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet.
Visit our Product Web Sites:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled