Johnson Electric (JE) is excited to announce we are now recruiting for a Production Supervisor for our Vandalia, OH manufacturing facility.
JE offers talented employees exceptional opportunities to learn and grow professionally with rewarding careers. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, prescription plan, vision, disability coverage, life insurance coverage, 401K match, and holiday/vacation benefits
As our Production Supervisor you’ll provide leadership and guidance to safely produce the highest quality product at the lowest cost, while implementing preventive measures to non-conformances and inefficiencies, creating an environment where teamwork and continuous improvement are the standard. The supervisor will report to the Operations Manager and will represent operations on cross-functional teams.
This position will deal with work instructions, standard work, and inspection documentation, production reporting paper work, non-conforming material forms, work orders, BOM's, production entry, and all ISO/TS documentation that applies to their job classification.
As the successful candidate your resume will reflect the following:
- Achieve departmental goals - scrap, build performance, PPH, delivery, etc.
- Assist in Assigning staffing to meet departmental goals and support production.
- Perform root cause analysis of production issues and obtain corrective actions utilizing the appropriate support staff.
- Provide daily communication with production staff regarding performance, areas for improvement, company news/updates, etc.
- Ensures parts are produced to appropriate quality level and ensures suspect product is contained and corrective actions and root cause analysis are underway
- Accurately completes all production documentation and data entry in a timely manner.
- Hold employees accountable to their job duties in a fair, consistent and professional manner. Suggest/recommend disciplinary action and assist with deployment when needed
- Assist with training employees on all aspects of their job and assist with creating training program.
- Act as backup for other supervisors when absent.
- Promotes team building and team environment.
- BS in Engineering / Manufacturing Operations
- Continuous improvement/GK experience (leading or participating in team), preferred
- Ability to understand and use lean manufacturing principles
- Physical requirements include standing for extended length of time, walking, bending, reaching and occasionally lifting max of 30 lbs.
- Ability to coach and motivate people
- Computer skills in Excel, Word, AS400
- Strong problem solving skills - using tools such as 5 why, fish-bone diagrams, etc.