The Production Technician responsibilities are as follows: to load and unload the coater, possess a working knowledge of shipping and receiving, prepare containers for shipment and maintain a safe and clean working environment at all times.
High School diploma or GED and previous related work experience preferably in a continuous manufacturing process. Previous experience in a team environment helpful. Ability to use a computer system (AS400) in support of the shipping/receiving functions. Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and Lotus Notes is helpful. Must pass all required background check areas successfully, including a drug screen.
- Identify and utilize glass zone indicators for storing and shipment of produced product or product ready for processing
- Load clear glass into the coating process and remove coated glass from the coater
- Identify quality defects at all stages of the process from loading to unloading, i.e. scratches, chips, bad cuts on glass or uneven coating
- Identify different packing racks as well as different packing configurations and navigate production schedules to ensure correct size is being processed
- Operate over-head cranes, fork trucks, container wrapping machine and other pneumatic hand tools as well as mechanical hand tools
- Utilize a computer to relieve inventory, tag containers for shipment and to bill customers in the shipment of product
- Load and unload different types of transport trucks such as vans, open top trailers and easy roll flat beds according to AFG specifications
- Support other team members and team leaders in any other area of the plant, as necessary
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment at all times.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop and twist at the waist. The employee must be able to climb ladders and work at above ground level as required. Ordinary visual inspection will be required for inspection of the glass and coatings. The employee uses moderate to heavy exertion of a consistent nature while handling, lifting, carrying and stacking glass weighing up to approximately 50 lbs.
Employees will be utilizing a variety of personal protective equipment (PPE) in the process of handling the glass. Required PPE will include safety glasses, Kevlar jackets, aprons, gloves, and hard hats when operating an overhead crane or handling glass 72” high or above.
Employees will experience a non-climate controlled work environment with moderate noise level below 90 decibels over a weighted 8-hour period.
AGC Flatglass offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
AGC Flatglass North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All interested applicants will need to apply with the Bristol office of the Virginia Employment Commission (VEC). The Bristol office will return all applications to the Employer. Employer requests No Phone Calls or Office Visits. Workforce Center Address: 192 Bristol East Road, Bristol, VA 24202.