Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™, has an opportunity for a Production Technician to join our Hermiston, OR production facility.
As an Production Technician, you will always be stimulated and on-the-go as you will perform a variety of tasks associated with general plant operations and field activities. Duties and responsibilities will evolve throughout the year. If you are a hard-working go-getter with a background in agriculture or operations, then this is the role for you!
This facility runs a variety of schedules based on the season and in this role you could work schedules ranging from 4-10's, day shift, split shift, or swing shift.
- Field planning and grower contracting assistance and field map preparation.
- Seed field management activities such as scouting, field maintenance, pollination delay and control activities as well as roguing.
- Interacting and maintaining positive working relationship with growers, detasseling and roguing contractors, as well as seed field inspectors.
- Overseeing processes while partnering with seasonal workers to ensure quality field operations and activities.
- Harvest activities such as preparation, drying, stabilization, return and rework activities.
- Handles a high volume and complexity of product (e.g. number of hybrids, customization)
- Compliance with IOMS Work Instructions and IOMS Plan requirements
- Shipping/receiving, interplant movement, warehousing, and inventory management of bulk and bagged seed.
- High School diploma or GED
- A minimum of 2 years of on-the-job or related experience in agriculture, production, operations, manufacturing, or related field
- Certified Pesticide Applicator license or ability to obtain one in the next 6-12 months
- Knowledge of production agriculture and production plant operations
- Willing and able to work in a variety of areas (field, plant, warehouse)
- Willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs. and complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting
- Willingness and ability to work overtime hours including weekend work required during seasonal peaks
Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™ offers an excellent benefits package that begins on your first day of employment. This includes a generous 401k match, health and dental insurance, 15 days of vacation, a variable bonus plan, and much more!