This position will assist the Program Manager with the creation and execution of the business strategy and product portfolio for targeted segments. The Associate Program Manager will help to develop and manage the emerging pipeline including making project priority and investment decisions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate new technology and develops product pipeline through organic new product development, licensing or acquisition.
- Identifies application of technology across all product groups and presents concept to business leads.
- Coordinate with Hip Product Management and Commercial teams to launch new technologies and integrate them into the base Hip portfolio.
- Coordinate with NPI product development leads as well as operations
- Maintain relationships with key functional areas – Research, Business Development, Finance, Clinical, Commercial, Legal and Regulatory.
- Developing the value proposition and value model for new technologies with input from key functional areas.
- Lead multiple projects within the Adjacent Space team while keeping stakeholders abreast of milestones and achievement to project objectives.
- Maintain awareness and base competency of other areas within the Hip Adjacent Space team so as to be ready to assist during diligence, integration, or commercialization
Expected Areas of Competence
- Ability to effectively perform with high level of autonomy while managing the implementation of large scale projects involving multi million dollar investments.
- Understanding of finance with past experience creating business case models.
- Ability to facilitate surgeon discussions with a goal to define segment strategy and product requirements.
- Effectively build relationships, communicate, influence, and build consensus within a matrix structure that involves interaction and dependency on functional business partners.
- A working knowledge of Intellectual Property assessment.
- Demonstrated aptitude for project management.
- Analytical skills and problem solving ability.
- Four year degree in Business or Engineering from an accredited College or University. Individual working towards an MBA is preferred for candidates with an Engineering background.
- Minimum three (3) years of progressive professional work experience with a demonstrated track record of taking projects from concept or opportunity to commercial launch.
- Experience working with cross functional project teams in a product development function.
up to 30%