TCG is an award-winning Government IT solutions provider. We are seeking an Air Force Programs Manager who will be responsible for contract and program performance, including budget, compliance, delivery strategy, methodology, and contractual compliance for multiple projects across the Air Force. Although this is a telecommuting position, candidates must reside in the Washington, DC metropolitan area or within the States of Arizona, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, or the Commonwealths of Virginia or Pennsylvania (excluding the City of Philadelphia).
*** This position is contingent on contract award ***
The Program Manager will have broad knowledge of the Air Force itself, the IT field, and possess proven management skills. She/he will have 10+ years experience and at least two years of business development and sector growth experience using IDIQ and GWAC vehicles. The Program Manager will ideally have experience leading successful management and growth of Air Force contract vehicles, such as NETCENTS, for a large or small business.
- Manages all activities to ensure contract compliance and revenue growth (new and organic).
- Directly supports the most senior levels within AF, such as A6, with program management, strategy, analytics, and IT consulting
- Works with the Business Development team to identify and capitalize on new opportunities utilizing contract vehicles appropriate for the client and scope.
- Manages the activities of staff including first-level managers, supervisors, subject matter experts and individual contributors to ensure effective operational performance and client satisfaction on client projects.
- Oversees and maintains an effective program workforce through active recruiting, selecting, orienting, coaching, counseling, partnering, and communicating team expectations.
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting, maintaining program budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Performs compliance and performance audits, identifies trends, recommends improvements, implements tactical and strategic change.
- Works with Project Managers and Leads to achieve client objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews, preparing and completing action plans, implementing quality standards, and removing barriers on critical paths.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, keeping up to date with relevant publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Explores opportunities to add value to program accomplishments.
- Manages subcontractors and partner relationships; works with contracts department in defining work scope, work share, and required skills; participates in negotiating rates for individual resources.
- Responsible for development of key components for technical and business proposals including pricing and labor categories. Works closely with proposal team and sales executives to ensure successful submission of RFI and RFP responses. Develop and sustain strong partner relationships to deepen position in assigned market/segment.
Project/Program Leadership, Planning, Staff Management, P&L Accountability, Business Process Improvement, Financial Planning and Strategy, Strategic Planning, and Performance Management
- US citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance
- 10+ years experience and at least two years of business development and sector growth experience using IDIQ and GWAC vehicles
- At least 4 years of relevant, full-time work experience in program management, including two years experience in business development pursuits
- At least 10 years of project management experience
- Demonstrated experience working with Air Force clients or in the Air Force, such as A6 or a MAJCOM
- Demonstrated experience leading successful management and growth of Air Force contract vehicles, such as NETCENTS, for a large or small business
- Possesses a thorough understanding of Federal contracting including all aspects of contract management (contract vehicles, rate schedules, prime/sub relationships, CO/COR responsibilities, FAR, DFAR. etc)
- Outstanding organizational management and communication skills
- Excellent time management and ability to juggle multiple tasks under strict deadlines
- Strong analytical and systems thinking skill set; ability to apply technical solutions to broad, complex problems
- Ability to talk to clients about technology solutions with the understanding that clients are not themselves technologists, with the political savvy to know how to frame and communicate issues
- Experience in reporting to and building relationships with government executives
- Degree in Information Systems, Management, Government, or equivalent years of experience in related field
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. This role's compensation includes a commission component. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for sick-child daycare, book and fitness clubs, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2017 Fortune magazine named TCG a Great Place to Work for the second year and The Washington Post named TCG a Top Workplace for the third straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us ... we'll make you happy!