Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a Program Manager position with an international service corporation focusing on consulting, testing, certification and training. Headquartered in Munich, Germany, our client’s services include the inspection and certification of industrial plants, the testing of consumer products (such as clothing, sports equipment or toys) to ensure their safe functioning in compliance with official standards, and the provision of management system certification and occupational health and safety services. The company is proactively involved in international climate-change projects and supports the automotive industry in the design, development and global approval of new technologies. Our client services the Automotive, Off Highway, Locomotive, Aerospace and Medical Industries.
The focus of the Program Manager role will be in Vibration, Environmental, and Corrosion/Erosion Testing, utilizing specialized test systems for various automotive components such as electronic modules, engine and transmission parts, electric vehicle batteries, and radiators and heater cores. This role will require daily interaction between customers and the test laboratory. Essential duties include:
- Act as the customer liaison for test programs.
- Provide technical support to Account Managers for quoting.
- Work with fellow Program Managers to schedule personnel and equipment for incoming testing.
- Communicate and support test issues.
- Maintain project safety, quality, timing and budgets.
- Prepare or review technical reports.
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Compensation: $60K-$65K base salary + 6% company annual bonus = 1st year W-2 ~$68K-$70K+
Shift: M-F, normal day shift hours unless otherwise specified
Benefits: Our client offers a complete benefits package, including comprehensive healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision), insurance, 401K, stock, profit sharing, vacation pay, relocation assistance, and much, much more.
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree preferably in an Engineering Technology or Mechanical Engineering.
- Significant related military Program Management experience or experience in the automotive industry is very important.
- Technical JMO or degreed NCO from a technical MOS would be the best fit.
- Strong external customer facing experience.
- Experience in managing complex projects with multiple goals of time, cost and quality.
- Good insight in financial drivers of company, at ease with relevant financial metrics.
- Excellent negotiation skills and leadership skills.
- Comfortable dealing with customers at all levels of organizational structure.
- Strong analytical skills.