Moving Mobility Forward
Aptiv is making mobility real. We're at the forefront of solving mobility's toughest challenges. We have the people, experience, know-how and confidence to turn ideas into solutions. Solutions that move our world from what's now to what's next, while connecting us like never before. To us, nothing is impossible when you have the people with the passion to make anything possible. Mobility has the power to change the world, and we have the power to change mobility.
Join our Innovative Team
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Here's your opportunity. Join the technology company that's transforming the future of mobility today.
Aptiv is a global technology company that develops safer, greener and more connected solutions, which enable the future of mobility. Headquartered in Dublin, Aptiv has 147,000 employees and operates 14 technical centers, as well as manufacturing sites and customer support centers in 45 countries. Visit aptiv.com.
Signal & Power Solutions reflects the growing significance of next-generation architectures with high-speed data and electrical power distribution as the foundation necessary for future mobility. We supply "the nervous system" of the vehicle, providing the complete design, manufacturing, and assembly of vehicle electrical systems. This includes wiring harnesses, connection systems and cable management solutions.
Overview / Description
Our Electrical Distribution Systems (EDS) team has an exciting opportunity for a customer-facing Program Manager to support Ford program launches. In this role, you'll provide launch managament leadership to program crossfunctional teams in assuring "flawless-launch" execution. Establish, confirm, control and manage the project plan & coordinate transitions between flow 3, 4 and 5 for program business, engineering and operations activities, and schedule gate reviews & program updates with appropriate Program Review Committees. Summary of responsibilities:
- Execution of Programs to ensure Flawless Launches
- Lead program through Product Development Process (PDP)
- Assure KPM process is being actively followed by all functional members on the programs
- Manage program plan that meets internal & external customer deliverables
- Track program execution (KPIs (activities), risk and imperative scorecard)
- Ensure program profitability is at or above all Appropriation Requests (AR) and Business Line targets
- Use program escalation process to elevate issues to ensure program deliverables are met on time, within budget and within scope
- Maintain required program data and documentation
- Project Workbooks
- NA Electrical Distribution Systems (EDS) Portal
- PDP Decision Worksheets
- Plan, Execute, Monitor and Control the program to achieve a successful flawless launch
- Foster an atmosphere that supports risk escalation & instills the need to raise issues up early in the process ensuring prompt activities.
- Support and action plans to avoid a crisis.
- Ensure Program Team(s) are participating, updating KPI's, capturing & applying lessons learned at each PDP phase & project milestones
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 4+ years Program Management experience in the automotive industry, including experience with engineering design and manufacturing engineering.
- PMP Certification
- Knowledge of design and manufacturing of Electrical Distribution Systems products (wiring harness, electrical centers, components)
- Knowledge of basic finance concept and business plan creation helpful
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Access/Excel/PowerPoint as well as web-based programs
- Excellent negotiation skills with customer-level interfaces
- Administration of personnel in supervisory role
- Ability to interface with multiple customers and organizations simultaneously
- General knowledge of Production Control, Sales & Quality
Traits We Seek:
- Curiously investigate everything - ability to solving problems analytically, creatively and collaboratively
- Lead with confidence - thought leaders who empower those around them
- Learn by doing - an entrepreneurial mindset that's driven by hands-on experimentation
- Embrace resilience - seeing every challenge as a learning opportunity and invitation to grow
Aptiv Rewards and Advantages:
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Competitive health benefits
- 401K with matching contribution
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
Apply Online Ready to take the first step?