- Responsible for management of assigned programs including internal and external research and development and production.
- Plans, directs and monitors program budgets and serves as primary customer contact for program information.
- Responsible for financial performance related to budget performance. Establishes managerial, technical and directive means to fulfill contract requirements.
- Responsible for program schedule performance.
- Team leader of a cross-functional matrix based team including engineering, research, systems integration, marketing, manufacturing, quality, test, procurement and subcontract manager.
- Ensures that all required resources such as personnel and equipment, computer time, facilities, etc. are available to support assigned programs.
- Responsible for compliance with legal, contractual and company operational procedures to fulfill contract terms.
- Assists in development of Work Breakdown Structure, task flow plan, and master schedule.
- Controls programs performance through control and reporting methodology, team meetings, design reviews, hardware reviews, consultant reviews, direct observation, and written reports.
- Manages program risks/issues using standardized procedures and tools to minimize program technical, schedule, and budgetary impacts. Generates and delivers program, marketing and technical presentations, both internally and externally.
- Support business development as required to establish pricing and work breakdown estimates
- Other duties may be assigned.
BS degree from four-year college or university and 9 years of related experience, or an MS or MBA degree and 7 years of related experience.
Works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated. Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Work is checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than by formal review of superior.
Applies advanced business principles, theories and concepts. Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts.
Provides business/technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives.
Decisions would affect the financial, employee, or public relations posture of the company. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would result in failure to achieve major goals and objectives of the organization.
Serves as organization spokesperson for ongoing projects.
General knowledge of other related disciplines including engineering, supply chain, business development, quality, and manufacturing.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Ability to write simple, but accurate correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Contribute to the development of new principles and concepts.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical and contractual instructions in various forms and deal with several abstract and concrete concepts.
Must be skilled in the use of standard MS Office products, including MS Project.
Interact with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
**Note**: Due to US Export Control laws and regulations; applicants selected for employment must show proof of a U.S. Person status before employment may begin.