The Payments Program Manager coordinates and manages functions related to the creation, development, testing, installation, conversion and implementation of payment card initiatives. Implement business requirements by determining solutions that enhance business systems, as well as provides support to business operations and processes. Analyzes business needs to develop and implement solutions related to information technology and enhance business process by promoting new functionality. Using working knowledge of the payments industry to assist the business in implementing strategic vision through technology.
All employees should demonstrate our SSFCU core values -- Caring, Innovative, Honest, Fair and Dedicated -- while providing enthusiastic, professional and courteous service to SSFCU members and employees.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensures project methodologies, project delivery processes, and implementation management processes are followed.
- Develop and maintain artifacts that outline preventative and corrective actions necessary to remediate control deficiencies, maximizing effectiveness, and mitigating future exposure.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of competitive analysis data as it relates to product and strategies.
- Identification and creation of business requirements to include needs, objectives, functions, features, input, and output.
- Partners with other business units and vendors to improve procedures, resolve problems, and implement initiatives. Presents recommendations, opportunities and solutions to management.
- Perform and/or facilitate user acceptance testing to include the development of and execution of test cases, communication with project teams, and the validation of the results.
Additional Job Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain an understanding of relevant industry standards, best practices, business processes, and technology used within related business areas to ensure compliance with policy.
- Provides periodic reporting to management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Training
- Business related field or equivalent education and/or experience, preferably in a financial environment.
- PMP/PMI certification is preferred.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience overseeing credit and debit card related programs for a financial institution or processor required.
- Minimum of five (5) years previous experience in leading large projects/initiatives that have business risk and impact to the institution required.
- Project Management Certification preferred.
- Ability to lead a cross functional team, mentor and take on a high level of responsibility and accountability in a high-volume environment.
- Perform duties under minimal supervision, escalating the most serious issues to management.
- Make complex decisions and recommendations under limited direction.
- Knowledge of and ability to analyze network interchange structure and processing.
- Effectively communicate status of projects, service requests and production issues suitable for executive management review.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to drive key stakeholders and ensure a thorough understanding of project scope and deliverables.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills to manage multiple deadlines and priorities within a fast-paced environment.
SEDENTARY WORK: Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Walking & standing are required only occasionally. Close visual acuity to perform activities like analyzing data, typing, writing, viewing a computer, reading, inspecting small parts or assembling. Generally works in an office environment but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting. Evening and/or weekend shifts may be required.
Generally works in an office environment but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting. Evening and/or weekend shifts may be required.
We are an EEO/AA We are an EEO/AA/M/F employer that hires veterans and those with disabilities