El Centro del Barrio, founded in 1973 and doing business as CentroMed since 2001, is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit Federally Qualified Health Center. CentroMed now offers primary medical and dental care, behavioral health services, nutritional services, and other support services through a network of 21 sites located throughout San Antonio, Bexar County and Comal County.
The Program Planner conducts research and gathers information on potential funding opportunities. Plans and organizes all information necessary to develop and prepare grant applications. Writes and/or provides administrative guidance and direction for preparation and development of grant applications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. RESEARCH, PLANNING, AND DEVELOPMENT
1. Conducts necessary research for development of grant proposals for programs designed to meet community needs
2. Ongoing collection and maintenance of electronic and print library of data sources.
3. Conducts health and social community needs/assets assessments and planning.
4. Obtains current health and social community needs assessments available in the community.
B. GRANT WRITING AND REPORTING
1. Arranges meetings with appropriate staff persons to coordinate grant applications to include developing a timeline, reviewing work assignments, outlining objectives, and assessing fiscal restraints of grant opportunity.
2. Writes draft of grant narrative that corresponds to the proposal guidelines in content and format and combines it with initial budget prepared by CFO. Submits draft to VP/Quality Advancement & Strategic Planning, then CEO for revisions and approval.
3. After application has been approved, obtains appropriate signatures, makes copies as indicated in proposal, and mails application. Copies of application are submitted to the Planning Department files.
4. Runs reports utilizing BCA, Sevocity, Excel and/or Crystal Reports for chart audits, other internal needs, and external reporting requirements for funders.
5. Creates maps utilizing the Maptitide System.
6. Measures process and outcome objectives for grant reporting as required by funders.
1. Assists with the planning, evaluation, and communication needs of CEO, VP/Quality Advancement and Strategic Planning, and board as needed.
2. Represents CDB at community events as appropriate.
Education: Master's Degree in Social Work, Public Health, Business Administration or related field. Experience may be substituted in lieu of advance degree at the discretion of the CEO.
Experience: Experience in research, planning, and grant writing.
Knowledge: Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
Ability: Demonstrated writing, conceptual, and research skills. Ability to work with and effectively communication with people of many backgrounds, functioning at any operational level in the workplace.
1. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position.
2. Must be able to meet the attendance requirements of the position.
3. Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
COMPREHENSIVE SALARY AND BENEFITS PACKAGE:
* Competitive salaries
* Paid time off program
* Group medical and dental insurance
* Life Insurance
* Disability insurance
* Flexible benefits cafeteria plan
* 403(b) retirement plan
CentroMed is an equal opportunity employer