Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking an experienced Program Quality Engineer 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Woodland Hills, CA location.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Program
Quality Engineering team that is engaged with cutting edge technology on a dynamic portfolio of products to meet our customer's mission needs.
The Program Quality Engineer 3 performs tasks that contribute to the completion of program execution for one or more programs to meet the requirements of the contract(s) and business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develops, modifies, implements and maintains quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product.
- Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
- Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
- Designs and analyzes inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
- Evaluates and reports on design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development for product or process quality.
- Identifies and reports product or process non-conformances and/or non-compliances.
- Ensures that corrective measures are performed to completion, meet acceptable reliability standards and documentation is compliant with requirements.
- Represents the organization in finding solutions to difficult technical issues.
- Has frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts.
- Assures contractual work products are completed and delivered on-time.
- Bachelors Degree in STEM Discipline
- Five(5)+ years of related work experience (or a Master's Degree with 3+ years of work experience OR a PhD and 0+ years of related experience) in software, systems, or quality engineering.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
- Exposure to lean and six-sigma quality engineering methodologies.
- Green Belt or Black Belt certification.
- Experience with Agile methods.
- Scrum leader experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.