What you’ll do
The Program Specialist, under moderate supervision of the program manager, provides a broad range of administrative, technical and planning / scheduling support to the assigned Integrated Product Team (IPT). Serves as a part of the program management departmental team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with Manufacturing Engineering/Quality, Design Engineering, Technology and Finance personnel to support the assigned IPT. Participates as an integral part of the assigned IPT on a daily basis.
- Supports multiple and concurrent engineering activities and projects, and field and respond to external customer requirements.
- Maintains administrative systems to assure compliance to company policy, customer requirements and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Held accountable for the financial deliverables and product performance for half of the assigned programs.
- Develops the program master schedule and higher level summary schedules under the direction of the program manager.
- Collects data and manages weekly, monthly and ad hoc progress updates to the master schedule and provides reporting status to the program manager.
- Manages and assists in the execution of deliverables tied to the master schedule
- Identifies, tracks and manages changes to the master schedule for review in the Program Configuration Change Board (PCCB) and implementation upon approval.
- Assists the program manager in evaluation of changes and in presentations to the PCCB and management.
- In addition to daily responsibilities, works independently or in a team to plan, organize and complete a variety of non-recurring and ongoing projects assigned by the assigned Program Manager including but not limited to: assist with research work on engineering projects, special reports, spreadsheets, presentations, strategic plans, and data manipulation.
- Detects and reports problems or discrepancies and manage necessary actions that require a basic knowledge of the company’s policies and practices and knowledge of the engineering department’s activities.
- Ensures the company's commitment to maintain a safe workplace and to protect the environment through the establishment and support of Company policy and adherence to various government regulations.
- Responsible for the programmatic elements of work transfer, managing schedules, interfacing with customer on requirements for transfer & schedule, project plans & execution, assisting in customer interaction.
- Serves as essential part of the Program IPT - Enable PM to act at senior level in organization
- As a secondary responsibility (time permitting), assisting Program Managing less critical elements of the PMs programs.
- Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Some travel required.
- 3+ years in a project engineering or program planning position in a manufacturing environment required.
- Strong working knowledge of spreadsheet (Excel), large MS Project (1,000 line plus) plans, word processing (Word) and presentation (Power Point) software required.
- U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or equivalent preferred.
- Aerospace industry experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written skills to include good spelling and grammar skills.
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.