AYES Program Supervisor will assume primary responsibility for coordinating and supervising delivery of educational, employment and career development services for clients. If you have a passion for working and making a difference in the lives of youth that need guidance and mentoring, this is the position for you. Join the AYES team and make the difference.
The Archdiocesan Youth Employment Services (AYE) of Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc. provides over 2,000 less privileged youth with job training, educational and career services each year. An additional 1,500 young people receive referral and job placement assistance through an extensive network of employers and community organizations.
Benefits: Generous Benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 12 paid vacation days per year, 10 paid vacation days per year, 12 paid holidays per year, long and short term disability, AFLAC Available.
Compensation package includes competitive pay, excellent benefits, generous paid time off, and retirement savings plan. Salary will commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervises and ensures the provision of quality services to a need population.
- Assist in planning of program.
- Supervises recruitment, selection, enrollment and assignment of clients in designated geographic areas.
- Develop employer training sites for clients with public, non-profit and private non-profit organizations that can provide a well structured work environment, proper supervision and offer regular full or part-time employment and local government requirements.
- Supervises, assigns, instructs, trains and evaluates assigned personnel.
- Assist in development of and participates fundraising activities.
- Serves a program liaison with community agencies.
- Prepares reports, proposals, requisitions and correspondence.
- Ensures compliance with standards established by federal, state, and local government.
- Develops Continuous Quality Improvement and service delivery that is aligned with the Agency’s mission.
- Responsible for business development, special events and fundraising.
- Displays sensitivity to the client population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or management.
- Three to four years related experience.
- Management experience with knowledge of community services and job training.
- Knowledge of California Council for Excellence CAPE quality standards is desirable.
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Prefer individual with strong commitment and passion for AYE mission and services (See www.ayela.org).
How to apply: Simultaneously email cover letter and resume. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.