About SUNY Cobleskill:
The State University of New York College of Agriculture and Technology at Cobleskill is an accredited polytechnic college that is primarily baccalaureate and residential. SUNY Cobleskill is one of few institutions in the United States where an undergraduate student may also choose to earn an associate degree. The College has an enrollment of approximately 2,500 students in 52 programs divided into two schools, Agriculture and Natural Resources; Business and Liberal Arts & Sciences. An economic engine for rural New York, SUNY Cobleskill is home to a wide array of extended learning and professional development opportunities.
Modeling experiential education, SUNY Cobleskill is committed to providing small classes, excellent facilities, and a hands-on learning environment. Whether students plan to further their education or begin their professional careers, they graduate with the foundation to pursue their goals and to succeed.
SUNY Cobleskill is seeking a Programmer/Analyst to join its Information Technology Services department as part of its Information Services team.
The successful candidate will work closely with functional area end users to support the College's IT software applications through implementation, enhancement, integration, and reporting activities. Duties will include research and analysis, as well as support for and implementation of Banner-centric software solutions.
- 4-year degree in programming or a related field.
- Actual programming experience at the level of an internship or equivalent
- Good grasp of Object Oriented Programming concepts as evidenced by experience in Java, C#, or other OOP language.
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Comfortable with Linux
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Willingness to learn and keep pace with modern technology
- Proactive attitude and ability to work both independently and as part of a team
In addition to the aforementioned minimum qualifications, it is preferred the candidate also have:
- Programming/analysis experience in SQL; PL/SQL preferred
- OOP experience; C# preferred
- Experience with PL/SQL Developer, Visual Studio, or a comparable IDE.
- Acquaintance with Active Directory
- Acquaintance with source control; git preferred
- Salary range for this position is $42,000-45,000
- This position is a 12 month, full time position
- This position is a grade SL-2
- This position offers full New York State benefits which are among the most comprehensive in the country.
- SUNY Cobleskill is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community for our students and employees. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of the background check.
SUNY Cobleskill is committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, and ensuring equal educational and employment opportunity and access to services, programs and activities without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction, or any other legally protected status. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation during the hiring process should contact the Human Resources Office at (518) 255-5514.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp
The posting period for this job will expire on June 15, 2018.
Completed application consists of the following:
1. Letter of application, addressing qualifications, position responsibilities, and college values
2. Current CV or Resume
3. Names, emails and phone numbers of at least three professional references