Job Title: Programmer/Analyst RPG
Duration: 5 Months
· Develops, test and maintains code using software development methodology and appropriate technologies for the system being used.
· Works closely with Business Analysts to develop detail systems design and written test plans for on-line and report application programs.
· Performs analysis on projects and provides a project plan that shows the tasks needing to be completed and a time estimate for each task.
· Participates in design walkthroughs with appropriate focus groups and related users to verify accuracy of design in meeting business needs.
· Prepares installation instructions and coordinates installation procedures with the Quality Control Specialist
· Supports and troubleshoots application code problems with IT and user staff.
· Provides status reports that give a detailed description of the current projects’ progress and indicates time devoted to each task of the project.
· Coordinates, guides and mentors programming efforts performed by in-house programmers or outside consultants to ensure that all programming is completed according to the project plan.
Monday - Friday, standard business hours, 8am -4pm or 8:30am -4:30pm
This is an onsite position. Local candidates are preferred.
Must possess the follow skills:
Must be proficient in RPG IV, ILE
Experience with RPG Free
Excellent SQL Skills
Superior problem solving and analysis skills
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Ideally would also have:
Other programming language experience