RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of a Project Accountant in Louisville, Colorado (CO).
The Project Accountant position reports to the Staff Accountant - Team Lead. The Controller and Staff Accountant will assign specific projects that will be the primary responsibility of this position. The Project Accountant will process accurate check requests used for payment application by either internal accounting staff or by our clients. Information is required to be clear, accurate, and consistent for check processing needs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review and priorities invoices based on due date for assigned projects
- Review invoice and verify all billing information is correct; Forward to appropriate Purchaser for correction if needed; Alert Purchaser or Accounting Team Lead if billing information is not corrected timely
- Audit billing for accurate information regarding payment terms, quantity, and pricing
- Verify product was received in the system by purchaser; Alert purchaser if product has not been received; Follow up with Purchaser or Controller when items are not received in the system timely
- Record quantity received on invoice and audit to system items received
- Verify overage is within allowable limits as established on the purchase orders
- Record invoice amounts by category - Merchandise (FF&E or OS&E), Freight, Tax and Overage
- Accrue Use Tax for projects that are using full project accounting services
- Record details of the purchase such as item number, quantity, description and extended amounts; Record whether the purchase is for product or deposit only
- Generate accurate check request for posting by the client or within our internal accounting system
- Resolve vendor and internal client inquiries for assigned projects
REQUIREMENTS:Candidates qualifying for this position will have similar experience along with the skills and abilities to perform the duties mentioned. Any relevant education and/or training will be considered a plus.
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.