Today’s complex interconnected world demands companies to conceptualize and deliver cutting-edge products and solutions to market faster than ever before. Altran, a global product development partner, collaborates with companies to address the business and technical challenges inherent in developing and supporting complex connected systems.
For over three decades, leading companies and emerging startups in some of the most highly regulated and rapidly evolving industries have relied on Altran to inspire innovation, accelerate time to market, improve predictability, and maximize return on product investment. Altran provides a full complement of technology consulting, software and product development expertise, and engineering services to our client partners in the Aerospace, Automotive, Electronics, and Medical and Life Sciences industries.
In North America, Altran is based in Burlington, Massachusetts, with additional offices in Detroit and Silicon Valley. For more information, visit Altran.com
You will be providing on-site, full-time project support to a multinational biopharmaceutical company that provides products used for diagnosing infectious diseases and for cancer screening to help improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. Our client has offices in over 150 countries with operations in several states across the United States. This particular role is based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Primary Purpose and Overall Objective of this Role:
Support the project manager in the timely execution and delivery of project objectives.
- Planning of project activities and on-time delivery of project deliverables per the project schedule or as required
- Take leadership of some of the project team where and when required – i.e. coordinate and supervise the activities of team members, confirm resource requirements and discuss necessary adjustments to resource requirements and activities with the project manager to ensure availability and timely delivery
- Assist with project planning based on the selected implementation methodology
- Contribute to the project risk analysis
- Support the implementation of associated risk reduction measures
- Proactively identify and communicate any project changes to the project manager
- Escalate potential issues to the project manager proactively
- Communicate progress against all objectives to the project manager in a timely fashion.
- Experience managing scope and planning projects in the bio/pharmaceutical sector.
- A strong handle on project planning/scheduling terminology.
- Strong soft skills, particularly related to influencing, negotiating and managing a team.
- A proactive approach to communicating scope, requirements and issues clearly and effectively.
- The ability to work autonomously.
- Adaptability, assertiveness and flexibility.
- An accredited degree, preferably science based.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Experience with corporate SAP deployments would be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.