The Project Technician produces AutoCAD drawings and material lists that represent the proper use of Doka USA concrete forming equipment for customers. He/she provides technical assistance to the sales department from the preliminary stage of a project to its completion.
- Works with sales to produce AutoCAD drawings during the proposal stage and finalizes working drawings for site use, utilizing Doka USA forming systems.
- Provides material lists for quotations and shipments to the site.
- Produces and ensures that the drawings indicate the proper use of Doka USA forming equipment and that the drawings represent safe, economical and efficient designs.
- Provides analysis and design/price calculations as required (based upon level of experience and education).
- Ensures that the work is designed with available inventory and in conformance with contractual guidelines.
- Participates in job site visits, identifies any improper implementation and can take action insuring corrective measures are immediately implemented.
- Other duties/projects as assigned, such as participating in company committees/teams.
- HS Graduate or equivalent technical school education.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering (civil, construction, structural, mechanical) a plus.
- Experience in concrete forming and shoring applications and design a plus.
- Excellent communication skills including an excellent command of English (speaking, reading, writing).
- Qualitative abilities including strong analytical skills, technical proficiency and effective problem solving skills.
- Experienced in AutoCAD, project management software and computer applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Willing and able to learn new products, concepts and techniques.
- Organized team player able to work in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment.
This position requires the ability to support the sales function within the office and at times in the customer environment, solving design and field problems on short notice with minimal information.
Extensive daily interaction with internal colleagues, management and customers.
Position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the ability to be organized and manage time to meet deadlines.
Working conditions vary from that of an office environment: dry, cool, well lighted, to outside conditions (equipment yard or job site), high noise level in certain areas, extreme outdoor temperatures.