- Obtains required schedule information by all disciplines/functions.
- Identifies restraints and effect on total project schedule.
- Coordinates with all departments to ensure understanding of total project schedule needs.
- Responsible for total integration of schedule activities.
- Identifies schedule considerations and problems resulting from inter-discipline or functional restraints and interfaces.
- Monitors and reports critical path and schedule performance of the total project.
- Conducts project schedule analysis and studies of problem areas to determine criticality of schedule activities.
- Recommends alternatives for schedule improvement to project team for discussion and/or decision.
- Responsible for leading, when requested, the development and review of schedule recovery plans, including evaluation of additional resources/costs required to affect such plans.
- Monitors cost recording, monitoring, and reporting practices for compliance with applicable standards.
- Responsible for the development and accuracy of cost reports. Verifies consistency with previous reports to ensure compatibility and consistency.
- Responsible for cost engineering and cost analysis/control activities for projects with significant nonroutine requirements or for discipline/projects/proposal cost activities which require a high degree of technical skilled experience.
- Demonstrated skill in identifying, analyzing, and providing innovative solutions to cost engineering guidance to area & functions.
- Work overtime as required.
Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management, project management or related
discipline from an accredited university and a minimum of 6 years of professional experience, or in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 12 years of project controls experience on EPC job or equivalent job.
- Must have intermediate Microsoft Office skills.
- Knowledge of Primavera P/6 and COBRA applications.
- Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing cost engineering functions, which include cost estimating, cost control, and cost analysis, in the field and the home office.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Proficiency in using PC operating systems and several basic software applications such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in using multiple discipline specific applications (PC Works, Cobra, Primavera, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Primavera P6 and Cobra.
- Previous Earned Value Management System experience on EPC job.