Assist Project Managers and Superintendents in the planning, development, coordination and management of upcoming and ongoing commercial/industrial projects and properly manage and maintain the general office. Provides overall administrative support for multiple projects as directed by senior operations management.
Design Build General Contractor who specializes in industrial and commercial construction in the Chicagoland area for over 30 years. They offer ground-up and interior renovation services and have a portfolio of LEED Gold, Silver and Certified facilities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Accurately and consistently manage project administration functions, including daily reporting and weekly progress reporting to ensure alignment with owner quantities and schedule.
* Submit report to contract administer and accounting as appropriate.
* Ensure development and timely administration of submittals and shop drawings as relevant for the project.
* Provide technical support for construction effort including participation in construction planning.
* Process and follow-up Invitations-to-Bid
* Prepare and process Requests for Information (RFI)
* Review all outgoing correspondence for procedural and grammatical accuracy
* Preparation of Proposals, Marketing Brochure and supplemental information
* Subcontractor pre-qualifications
* Order temporary utilities (dumpsters, port o lets, etc.), construction site web cameras, safety/marketing signage
* Create and maintain project files/lists
* Coordinate permitting process including prepare applications and ensure licenses are up to date
* Prepare and distribute Meeting Minutes
* Create and maintain Drawing Logs
* Create Owner Closeout Manuals
* Maintain PM/Superintendent calendar schedules and appointments
* Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
* Arrange meetings and conferences; including lunch/dinner reservations or ordering breakfast/lunch
* Prepare meeting information handouts
* Administrative and office support for multiple supervisors and Project Managers including phone work, correspondence, spreadsheet creation, receiving visitors and internet research
- Experience working at a General Contractor strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
- A positive attitude, outgoing, and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Quick learner, detailed oriented, self-motivates, and ability to follow instructions.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and MS Project are also requirements. Adobe and Timberline knowledge is a plus.
- Competitive base salary and benefits
- Excellent opportunities for growth
- Opportunity to learn multiple parts of the construction industry
- Salaries up to 60k