Position: Project Coordinator (Construction)
Location: Rancho Cordova, CA
Duration: Full time, Permanent
We are currently looking for a Project Coordinator for our busy Rancho Cordova office
- Read, review and re-negotiate Contracts and Subcontracts for conformity to contract requirements and work with management/legal to determine what is acceptable to our Company.
- Requests or approves amendments to or extensions of contracts.
- Provides certificates of insurance to all General Contractors. Ensures certificates are issued in a timely manner and that we are providing proper coverage.
- Types all Purchase Orders and Subcontract Agreements. Assure that suppliers and Subcontractors have proper insurance coverage.
- Type and track all T&M's and COR's. Check with Project Managers on if work has been completed so it can be added to our COLOG report.
- Update and maintain COLOG report on a daily basis.
- Type meeting minutes for weekly estimating meetings and distribute.
- Track RFI's and Submittals.
- Types scope letters and other exhibits that may be required for bid processing.
- Complies with job closeout requests from General Contract by submitting proper paperwork and documentation.
- Reviews all correspondence concerning contractors and responds as necessary. Distributes correspondence to necessary recipients.
- Acts as liaison between company, contractors and subcontractors.
- Obtain city business licenses for all cities we are performing work. These must be updated when they are expired and new licenses obtained.
- Fills out all prequalification packages and submits timely to General Contractors.
- Maintain and update job list.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- 2 years of experience in a similar role within the construction industry
- Demonstration to detail
- Shares expertise with others
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to general contractor needs
- Maintains confidentiality
- Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things
- Treats people with respect
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time
- Benefits organization through attending outside activities and/or seminars when requested
- Takes responsibility for own actions
- Commits to long hours when necessary to reach goals
- Reacts well under pressure
Must be advanced in word and excel. Must be able to type 50 wpm or more.
This job requires little supervision. Project Coordinator works directly with Project Managers and Estimators.