North Bethesda, health and human services consulting firm seeks a Project Coordinator to work on a team supporting federal reviews such as Child and Family Services Reviews, National Youth in Transition Assessment Reviews, and title IV-E Foster Care Eligibility Reviews. The Project Coordinator for Logistics and Travel is responsible for and serves as the main point of contact for all logistical and planning activities related to the child welfare reviews by working directly with state agency representatives, as well as Children’s Bureau Regional and Central Office staff. The Project Coordinator communicates with child welfare professionals through a high volume of email correspondence and telephone calls. Other job duties include coordinating and participating in conference planning calls, working with Meeting Planners to prepare hotel contracts and facilitate onsite meetings, and interfacing with consultant reviewers who attend the reviews. This position requires travel (less than 25%) to the onsite reviews during non-traditional work hours to provide support and technical assistance to the review team members. Occasional emergency after hour coverage during JBS staff and reviewer travel, usually on weekends before event and after hours during the week of the event.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Ensuring that reviews are planned carefully and all logistics are handled within established time frames.
· Tracking activities to ensure timely completion of tasks.
· Providing prompt, efficient, and personalized assistance to meet the requirements, requests, and concerns of the Children’s Bureau related to planning and logistics for the reviews.
· Coordinate with travel agencies, hotels, airlines, train and car rental agencies to arrange travel for JBS staff and reviewers, adhering to federal travel guidelines
· Review, approve, monitor and track travel itineraries, ensuring proper travel dates, times and billing codes.
· Developing support documents such as travel fact sheets, expense vouchers, etc.
· Coordinating production of print and materials for a variety of user groups.
· Assist with outreach, recruitment, and processing of agile staff application packets, including archiving and entering into database.
· Works as a team with other project coordinators, travel agencies, the training team and other JBS staff
Minimum Experience/Education Requirements:
The position requires a bachelor’s degree with a preference in a human services or related field with at least 2 years of experience. Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications. The candidate must work well in a team environment; demonstrate strong attention to detail, with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment; possess excellent organizational skills and oral and written communication skills. Must have excellent customer service skills. A personable demeanor and a sense of humor are pluses.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click on the “Apply Now” button below. You will need to submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. All of the documents must be uploaded as one file.
If you have technical difficulty, please email email@example.comHelp.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at EEOPost.pdf Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran