The Project Coordinator, Senior is responsible for planning, scheduling and coordination of construction and maintenance activities performed by all trade shops, maintenance crew areas and with outside contractors. Physical areas of responsibility include Student Housing, Academic Campus, residences and facilities off the main campus. The position participates in the Physical Plant Duty Supervisor Program on a rotating basis and must be available after hours as scheduled .
- Associate Degree in Construction Technology or related field (additional 2 years experience may be substituted for a degree)
- 5 years experience in building maintenance and/or project management
- Driver’s license required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Construction Technology, or related field
- Asbestos Designer and Contractor Supervisor NYS certification
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, specifications and related documents
- Requires knowledge of cost estimating for architectural/general construction portion of projects
- Strong planning, organizing and effective time management skills
- Ability to direct and coordinate work efforts of staff
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet established goals and objectives
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively with other employees, faculty, and students in the campus community
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Familiarity with construction project means and methods required to accomplish the architectural/general portion of a renovation project, i.e., equipment, tools, trade needs, etc.
- Knowledge of interior design for selection of materials, finishes, furniture, etc.
- Ability to create working drawings for project designs
Other Position Requirements
Works in normal office environments, trades shops, and in external sites on campus. Work is fast paced and stressful. Requires some long and irregular hours. Participates in the Physical Plant Duty Supervisor Program on a rotating basis; must be available during after hours as scheduled.
To apply please visit: http://rpijobs.rpi.edu/postings/6462