Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected Category
Country: United States
Location: Houston, TX, US
Location details: N/A
Employment type: Undefined term
Country: United States (US)
Location: Houston, Texas (US-TX)
At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name - people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
POSITION TITLE: Project Engineer
REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager
- Manage and Support Leading Engineers and Designers on various projects assigned to you.
Main Responsibilities (Projects):
- Deliver Design Deliverables (Drawings and BOM's) for Supply and Crane Manufacturing On time, on budget and per contract requirements.
- Review Project Contracts and Specifications related to new crane projects.
- Attend project Kickoff Meetings, External and Internal, as determined by the Project Requirements.
- Establish and control project budgets and schedules.
- Work with the Project Lead Engineers to create and finalize workorders for new projects.
- Work with the Project Lead Engineers and Designers to determine the best mechanical and electrical device arrangement on the Crane General Arrangement Drawing that is submitted to the customer for approval.
- Check Designs for conformance to standards, norms, and any applicable requirements specified in our contract with the customer.
- Organize Project Design Review Meetings.
- Support manufacturing with fabrication and design related inquires.
- Support Site Project Managers with Installation, Testing, and Troubleshooting requirements during equipment installation.
Support and monitor progress of:
- Project Component Engineering
- Project Calculations
- Project Crane Design
- Will travel as requested by supervisor.
- Work within corporate Data Management, ERP, and Resource Management programs.
- Will assist with training other engineers in efficient use of design tools. Will apply his/her skills to enhancing and improving existing methods and processes.
- Keeps the supervisor informed on problems relating to area of responsibility.
- Maintain important levels of communication with supporting Engineers that are working in remote locations supporting our projects.
- Lead and or Participate on continuous LSS Project improvements.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is a minimum.
#MONUS #CBUS #NXT
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 16,000 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance.
- Donation-Matching Program
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Stock Options
- Tuition Reimbursement