Opportunity for an entry level candidate to join a leading General Contractor
The Project Engineer will review bid opportunities, identify target projects, prepare estimates and budgets, and manage projects through completion and final close out.
- Review the pre-letting requirements and information, working with the management team to ensure relevance and profit potential
- Review plans and specs, complete accurate take-offs, solicit subcontractor pricing and assemble complete estimates and budgets
- Ensure company compliance with bid-letting and RFQ processes to maximize opportunities to gain new business
- Interface with sub-contractors and suppliers to facilitate strategic partnerships
- Assist with completion of financial and schedule management for all projects being personally managed
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Construction Management or Civil Engineering
- Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Scheduling and Take-off software.
- Excellent written, verbal and other interpersonal communication skills
- Adaptable - you work well under pressure and adapt quickly to different situations / work environments
- Prior internship in Heavy Civil contractor highly preferred