The Project Engineer works with the Project Team and our Field Management to construct a safe and quality project, while beating the estimate budgets, improving the total Operating Profit margin over the original bid, and building a strong customer relationship.
Heavy Civil GC with projects ranging in the $50-250m range
- Develops various construction means and methods with the Superintendent and Project Manager to optimize safety, cost, equipment utilization, schedule efficiency, and communication with the client.
- Manages/reviews all foremen's reports daily to ensure all information is properly recorded before any income, cost, or inventory entry.
- Monitors material yields and modifies operations to minimize waste.
- Assists the buyout process, writes the requisition, and communicates all required information to the Project Team.
- Assists the preparation of the 12 month cash flow schedule
- Reviews and understands the extra work billing format. Updates all budgets to incorporate owner change orders.
- Oversees subcontractors and holds the subcontractors accountable to their agreement. Attends the subcontractor coordination meetings to provide updates to schedules, drawings, and specifications.
- Produces and manages project submittals, shop drawings, and material certifications (submittal log or Expedition) so all are submitted and approved prior to the start of work.
- Actively participates in the development of the Four Week Look Ahead schedules with the Superintendents using basic logic to incorporate resources, submittals, approvals, lead times, restraints, and milestones.
- Participates in relevant daily huddles to ensure the projects are expeditiously and profitably constructed Establishes excellent working and professional relationships with the clients and their representatives and/or field inspectors.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related field
- 3+ years experience with Heavy Civil construction
- Excellent teamwork, communication and people skills a must.
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast paced challenging environment.
- Has a solid time management system and demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
- Working Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, HCSS and ERP Systems.
- Basic knowledge of engineering, cost tracking systems and site surveying a plus
Excellent salary and benefits package