Project Engineer (RF Systems Engineering) 5
Join the Northrop Grumman Xetron, part of Mission Systems sector, focused on the development of new capabilities for our military and intelligence customers around the globe. At Xetron, we design systems that science fiction writers can only dream up; they're just that cool!
Northrop Grumman Xetron is a small Operating Unit of the larger Northrop Grumman Corporation that is located in Cincinnati Ohio. Xetron is an excellent example of an organization with a small business culture that is operating collaboratively with its larger business parent entity.This unique relationship offers employees the opportunity to literally know everyone at the site at a personal level while still working on technologies and products that are beyond state-of-the-art. You'll get the opportunity to wrestle with the next big problems in an atmosphere of collaboration and cooperation, sharing your expertise with the new hire and learning from the genius next to you at the donut table. Remember when you were excited about going to work because the challenge of the problem, the importance of the solution and the fun you had with your team? Xetron is that kind of place!
We are seeking cleared or clearable Project Engineers for a critical role in our Systems Engineering Group to be responsible for the overall successful completion of projects. Professionals who want to solve the puzzles that make a difference to our nation's security.
This position is perfect for a candidate that will help lead a team of engineers to produce new hardware products at the Xetron facility that support National Defense partners. The products produced at this facility support all domains of intelligence and defense battle-spaces including land, sea, air and space. Many of the problem-sets our customers expect us to solve do not have known solutions, so ingenuity is essential.
Ideal candidates for this position have extensive breadth and depth of knowledge in all aspects of engineering with a focus in producing deployable hardware products. Less experienced candidates that demonstrate high technological aptitude with a willingness and desire to learn are equally qualified for this position. All of our best system engineers started from a position where they did not have extensive knowledge but through their own initiatives and internal training have become the best of the best. Each of the two class of candidates must have the ability to independently form innovative solutions to difficult problems and lead teams of highly skilled engineers to execute these solutions.
This position requires system and/or subsystem design leadership and direct technical contribution in your particular domain specialty such as: RF/hardware, DSP design, RF communication, RF collection, and/or EW programs. Typical teams are 5-10 people and require our engineers to have diverse skillsets that apply to the entire lifecycle of a program. This position allows the candidate to have direct contact with our end customers and end operators of our products, which allows for pragmatic and early feedback from the user community during the design process. Preferred technical background includes experience with design improvements, especially in relationship to reliability, maintainability, and supportability.
Examples of programs and products executed at Xetron include:
* Unique waveform communication products.
* Extremely low power unattended sensors (i.e. low SWaP).
* Counter-Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) devices.
* Innovative Digital Signal Processing (DSP) solutions.
You should apply for this role if you:
- Want to make an impact and are ready to take ownership and responsibility for your work
- Are interested in growing as both an engineer and a teammate
- Are willing to try new things and work with a diverse group of people
- Either have experience with or are interested in working in defense
- Have a solid understanding of system engineering and RF communication fundamentals.
- You likely have a degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, or other STEM degree, plus 14 years (or Master of Science degree plus 12 years, or PhD plus 9 years) of progressive experience in a STEM related or military position.
- Recent design experience and a track record of successful product designs.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Top Secret clearance.
- Current, active Top Secret clearance, or higher.
- Experience as an IPT lead, functional lead, or leadership in the military.
- MATLAB knowledge and/or experience.
- Program/Project Management experience.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply varied technologies.
- Ability to perform as liaison to the customer for all engineering efforts.
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment.
This position offers an optional 9/80 work schedule. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.