Project Engineer – Rochester Hills, MI – Electromechanical Components Manufacturer
This automotive supplier develops and manufactures application-specific electromechanical components. The company’s reputation for expertise is attributed to their longevity and access to a range of technologies possessed by their parent company.
The Project Engineer will lead completion of high quality connector systems within agreed project timings based on company procedures and customer requirements. They will be formally evaluated by the Engineering Manager.
- Develop connector systems
- Ensure the competitiveness, practicality and cost-effectiveness of designs in accordance to timing requirements
- Work closely with test lab to satisfy customer specifications for product validation
- Drive proper documentation according to internal standards/procedures, customer specifications and legal requirements
- Develop tolerance stack ups of the designed product
- Provide technical support to all internal and external customers
- Provide product training to all consecutive departments
- Attend Value Analysis / Value Engineering workshops
- Complete projects assigned at weekly development meetings
- Uphold and enhance design guidelines
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field
- 2 years related experience with an automotive supplier or OEM
- Working knowledge of design software- CAITA or CAD
- The ability to travel domestically and internationally for training and customer visits (10%)
If you are interested in learning more, please apply to this posting.