Our client is an integrated product and service supplier for the energy industry worldwide. They provide comprehensive wellhead production equipment, offshore production, advanced oil/water separation, gas conditioning, process heating, and pressure vessel products for the upstream, midstream, chemical, refining and power plant markets.
The Project Engineer is responsible for the engineering documentation for their assigned projects. They shall review customer specifications, provide input on the Piping and Instrument Diagram, develop material requirements, build bill of materials for valves and instruments and coordinate with vendors. Typical equipment includes modular process equipment (gas conditioning, pumping skids, etc.)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Read and review customer specifications.
- Prepare and manage all engineering documentation for a project.
- Final selection of all valves and instruments.
- Verify and provide input on the P&ID.
- Provide mechanical and process data to support piping and instrumentation design.
- Interface with the Project Manager and shop personnel.
- Design and optimization of mechanical components for process equipment.
- Interfaces with outside vendors for component selection, manufacturing, and assembly.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Confer with system engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Knowledge of MRP systems and capable of creating parts, BOMS, and operations for engineering.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or other related degree from an accredited program.
- 5+ years of engineering in the oil and gas industry.
- Thorough understanding of selection valves of all types, flow meters, pressure transmitters, temperature transmitters and other instrumentation on process and instrument diagrams.
- Thorough understanding of the ASME/ANSI piping codes.
- Work independently and with a team of peers to produce P&ID designs including specifying the P&ID components.
- Demonstrate an understanding of gas and liquid hydrocarbon processes.
- Familiar with process simulation software such as Unisim.
- Understanding of and ability to perform ASME code calculations is a plus.
- Support activities of design and drafting department and adjust to fabrication schedules as needed.
- Ability to use AutoCAD is a plus.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills.
- Skill planning, reporting and communication (oral and written) skills.