The Project Estimator is responsible for analyzing customer’s requirements and specifications, selecting suitable equipment, composing estimates/quotations and work with the engineering design team on complex manufacturing projects. The Project Estimator also supports filtration and contract sales by working closely with the sales department and engineering department in the applications and designing of industrial filtration systems and process design equipment. This position requires an engineering background with knowledge in filtration and/or flow control systems.
- BS degree in Engineering and/or Chemical is preferred but may be substituted with a well-rounded and documented technical background.
- Experience with welding, machining or assembly is required.
- Experience working with process equipment and filtration products such as filter presses, pressure leaf filters, backwash filters, liquid separation and process systems.
- A working knowledge of ASME, API, ANSI, AWWA and other related codes is also desirable.
- Must have strong mathematic background and proficiency in the use of MS Office products.
- Knowledge of methods, processes, material takeoffs, quality fixtures, codes, specs is required.
- Experience working within industries such as mining, gas & oil, water/waste, or food/beverage industries is a plus
- Experience providing accurate estimates for projects including labor, materials and subcontracting is required.
- Manufacturing experience is required
- Ability to communicate with other departments
- Must have time management skills and have the ability to meet deadlines
- Must be detail orientated, thorough and accurate
- Provide accurate cost estimates; including material, labor, equipment, and subcontractor costs for each project.
- Work with customers and sales force to select the best method of solids/liquid separation for a variety of applications. Sizing of filtration equipment including selection of system components such as skids, tanks, valves, pumps, and instrumentation to suit the environment and application.
- Reviews and evaluates requests for estimates (RFQ’s).
- Design/Interpret P&ID schematics with sequence of operations.
- Perform bench scale and pilot feasibility testing and analysis
- Obtains pricing for materials and bids from subcontractors.
- Effective utilization of company standards in combination with coordination with other departments during quotation stage for scheduling, labor requirements, and manufacturing processes.
- Liaison with sales and customers on concepts and expectations and needs.
- Review completed jobs for accuracy and maintain current estimating information.
- Coordinate delivery dates with manufacturing.
- Coordinate "kickoff" meetings on new orders with manufacturing.
- Develops and maintains resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, materials, etc.