Project estimating for heavy civil projects.
Large construction company that specializes in commercial and large, complex civil projects.
- Working closely with the VP of Preconstruction, you will advise the district management group when determining types of projects to bid that are strategically aligned with the business direction
- Perform Risk and Contract Management reviews
- Establish and coordinate multidisciplinary project teams to prepare bids, select vendors and/or subcontractors and determine cost effectiveness of projects to be bid
- Work with designers during the pursuit, to optimize the design and review for constructability
- Assign and supervise the work of other estimators in the department when necessary and act as mentor to junior team members
- Oversee and review project plans, requirements, and specifications.
- Develop and review total estimates, proposals and bid documents for accuracy and cost effectiveness prior to formal submission
- Compare and analyze competitive subcontractor and supplier bids.
- Lead "Hand-Off" meeting with Project team, after winning the bid.
- Monitor actual cost to estimated cost
- Participate in pre-bid meetings, bid strategy and representation meetings as required
- Lead and promote development of creative and innovative solutions to construction challenges
- Assist with performance reviews
- Perform additional assignments as needed
- 5+ yrs experience
- Heavy civil experience (bridges, highways, tunnels)
- Bachelors Degree in related field
- Expert knowledge of estimating techniques and cost control, plus ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems essential. High proficiency with HCSS is preferred
Great compensation package