Leads the financial analysis to evaluate, structure and monetize the Company’s utility scale wind, solar and energy storage project opportunities.
- Supports the financial analysis, investment appraisal, economic evaluation and risk analysis of wind, solar and energy storage investments. Builds, operates and maintains complex excel models to analyze, value and price potential project-level and corporate-level investments.
- Performs ad-hoc financial analysis to support Company’s strategic plan.
- Assists in-house developer’s with screening and modeling potential projects and assists in the preparation of Power Purchase Agreement bid packages and evaluates other power off-take alternatives.
- Advises developers, senior management, lenders and investors on the key drivers, returns and risks of potential projects and transactions.
- Assess debt and equity financing alternatives and assist with financial due diligence with team members of other disciplines.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical, evaluation, planning and excel modeling skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced Excel skills, familiarity with Word and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with energy market dynamics and the ability to stay current with changing technologies and regulations influencing the continued adoption of renewable energy.
- Basic understanding of renewable energy lending and equity markets
- Ability to work independently or in a team to prioritize, complete assignments accurately and within tight deadlines.
- Bachelor degree in finance, accounting or engineering or equivalent experience in business and accounting.
- Minimum of three years of energy related project finance and M&A experience
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.