Oldcastle Materials Texas Region
Job ID: 139548
Gulf Coast, a CRH Company, is a locally-based construction company and building materials supplier owned and operated by CRH Americas Materials, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North America. Gulf Coast is part of CRH America's growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
This position offers a broad range of responsibilities and will work alongside senior management of Oldcastle Materials – Gulf Coast. The Project Manager position that plays a critical role within project management and all construction projects within OMG- Gulf Coast.
- Promote a safe working culture for all employees; work with safety and field personnel to minimize risk and increase safety for employees always.
- Serve as project manager for construction crews; establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within corporate policy.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with prime client and subcontractors to facilitate construction activities.
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of the superintendents to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Recognize and negotiate change orders.
- Develop teamwork and foster team spirit within the respective area of authority.
- Develop an environment that encourages quality product and service to the customer.
- Supervise construction team and develop personnel to excel in their positions.
- Assist in the job bidding process when necessary; provide sound advice and support during process.
- Ensure that construction crews have the tools and training to operating safely at all times and that all federal, state and local laws concerning safety, environment and other applicable areas are adhered to.
- Interface with maintenance department to prioritize repairs and assure proper maintenance of equipment by field personnel.
- Interface with vendors/subcontractors/owners as needed.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect the company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with Client.
- Recommend and adhere to operating budget for the fiscal year under the direction of the General Manager.
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, training and discipline of employees.
- Recommend and assist with efforts to improve management of construction crews and financial performance.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field or equivalent in training and experience.
- 4 plus years of increasing responsibilities with leadership experience.
- Demonstrated success in managing employees and/or leading a crew.
- Some experience creating, working within and/or administering an assigned budget.
- High standard of ethics, integrity, and trust.
- Strong work ethic and high standards for safety in the workplace.
- Proven ability to develop relationships and to work with teams as both a leader and a participant.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills; building rapport, listening, presenting, giving and receiving feedback.
- Ability to prepare and/or understand annual budget and make presentations to diverse groups of people.
- Ability to speak read and write in English.
- Must be able to use fax machines, computers, keyboarding for data entry and internal/external network systems for e-mail communication.
- Valid state driver’s license and satisfactory driving record is required.
- Must be willing to work in or travel to other locations as needed.
- Some overnight Travel required
- Must be available as needed during non-traditional work hours.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Walking, standing, stooping, stretching, bending, squatting, lifting, sitting, and driving/riding/steering.
- Walking or standing may occupy a considerable part of the day
- May require sitting for extended periods of time
- May require periodically lifting objects up to 30 lbs.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Gulf Coast is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.