The Project Manager will be a member of the DVHA IT Project Portfolio team and will support the IE&E Program of Projects. The IE&E Program includes a variety of projects of different sizes, risk and complexity. These projects address technical solutions to modernize the Agency's processes and systems. The Project Manager oversees multiple medium to large complexity/risk/impact projects which may follow Waterfall, Agile (SCRUM) and/or hybrid project lifecycles.
Additional duties include:
• Development of a robust project charter, using a prescribed format, in partnership with the Business Lead/Project Owner, detailing: project objectives; baseline assumptions for scope, schedule and budget; business case; measures of success; risks and assumptions; and resource requirements
• Co-Leading a project team with the Business Lead as a component of the broader IE&E Program
• Developing and tracking a detailed schedule, using the Agency's PPMT tool, CA Clarity, showing critical milestones, task dependencies and durations
• Assigning individual responsibilities within the project team and tracking performance against assigned tasks/deliverables
• Supporting development of procurement artifacts, including RFIs, RFQs, RFPs, and Contracts in partnership with the Procurement team and IE&E Program's procurement process workflow
• Supervising vendor(s), in partnership with the vendor manager and vendor contract owner(s), to ensure timely delivery of quality deliverables according to the contract(s) requirements
• Communicating and coordinating with senior project management, external suppliers/vendors, multiple functional areas and program managers, verbally and via weekly written status reports (following an Agency prescribed template and reporting schedule)
• May be required to deliver presentations to senior leadership and Agency stakeholders regarding the project
• Risk and Issue Management: identifying future roadblocks (risks) and developing mitigation strategies; developing solutions to a variety of problems (issues) using standard problem-solving tools and techniques. Follows the IE&E Program process for Risk and Issue Reporting and Escalation
• Change Management: follows the AHS Governance and Change Control process to document and escalate changes to the project scope, schedule and/or budget. In partnership with the Business Lead, manages vendor and software change requests through the Governance Change Control process
• Delivering Lessons Learned documentation and presentation at the end of the project and as requested during the life of the project (e.g. following a significant issue or accomplishment)
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum five years' experience in technical project leadership roles, preferably in the public sector
• Minimum five years' planning, organizing and executing multiple, concurrent and dependent technology projects of medium to high complexity, delivering them within specified timeframes and budgets
• Proficient user of Microsoft Visio
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
Candidates that do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
• Familiarity with Frequently used Tools
• Familiarity and comfort with CA Clarity PPMT tool.
• Experience with the Open Workbench (OWB) Add-In to CA Clarity
• Familiarity with SharePoint