Provides overall management direction to one or more projects, establishes project objectives and policies, maintains liaison with client, and monitors construction and financial activities through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent; as well as mentoring Project Engineers.
This mid-sized design-build general contractor specializes in both ground-up and renovation projects across a wide range of industries, including restaurants, retail, healthcare, and office interiors. This company focuses on high-quality construction with constant attention to safety and sustainability. Much of the current work is repeat business with loyal clients who the firm has done an excellent job for in the past. They are in a huge period of growth at the moment, and are looking to expand to Minneapolis, which is why they are looking for someone to grow their presence in this area.
- Manage relationships with clients, internal team members, architects, engineers and subcontractors
- Change order estimating/negotiation
- Develop and maintain project-specific risk management plan
- Formulate scopes of work
- Collaborate with preconstruction team on budgeting, constructability reviews and project buy-out
- Run weekly owner, architect, contractor construction meetings
- Prepare and expedite monthly project billings
- Other conventional PM duties
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related discipline preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in the construction industry.
- Experience in commercial construction with projects ranging up to $15M
- Competitive base salary of $90,000-125,000
- Health Benefits
- Company/personal performance bonuses
- Car allowance
Key words: GC, General Contracting, PM, PE, APM, Super, Project Manager, Senior Project Manager, Superintendent, Estimator, Assistant Project Manager, Commercial, Residential, Industrial, Retail, Multifamily, Healthcare, Construction, Building Construction, Vertical Construction, General Construction