KOW Building Consultants www.kowbc.com
Construction Consultant/Field Inspector – Smithtown/Manhattan, NY
KOW Building Consultants has been a trusted provider of building and construction consulting services since 1978. We strongly believe that Assembling the Right Team Means Everything. If you’re an energetic, positive, construction savvy problem solver who doesn’t get frazzled under pressure then perhaps you can be part of our team.
KOW specializes in Plan and Cost Reviews, Site Observation (Requisition) Inspections, Property Conditions Reports, and Sustainability Consulting. Our clients include traditional banks as well as private lenders, mortgage lending institutions, state housing agencies, city housing agencies, and property owners.
We are growing and looking to add a plan construction field inspector to our team who will work out of our Smithtown, NY and/or New York, NY office.
The motivated candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or other bachelor’s degree with least 2-3 years of relevant construction experience.
- A solid understanding of construction building principles with experience and comfort sharing knowledge at construction sites.
- Excellent communication skills – verbally, writing, questioning, follow-up, etc.
- Advanced computer skills including Excel.
- Pride in their work and the desire to succeed.
- Current driver’s license and vehicle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain schedule for field work.
- Site observation inspections.
- Attend and participate in requisition meetings.
- Report writing, excel and photo log following field work.
- Review project budgets, schedules, code adherence etc.
- Client customer satisfaction via phone, text, email and in person.
- Proof reports.
- Seminar attendance and continuing education.
- Contribute new ideas for improvement.
Perks and Benefits:
- Salary aligned with experience & bonus potential
- Retirement savings plan (3% of salary)
- Phone reimbursement
- iPad, Home computer & support
- Vacation - 3 weeks to start, up to 5 weeks with 1 additional per year