This position will provide overall supervision and coordination on one large project or several small projects that require interfacing of heavy/civil road projects. This position requires maintaining a strong working relationship with inspectors, developers, vendors, and subcontractors, so outstanding customer service skills are essential.
A leading Civil Construction company is seeking to add a Civil Construction Project Manager for projects in the North Texas region.
- Direct all job personnel in the implementation of E.E.O., safety, and preventive maintenance policies.
- Analyze and update cost information on job cost reporting data.
- Review all billings to ensure accurate reflection of job cost.
- Submit regular billings to owners and general contractor to ensure prompt payment.
- Process all change orders as required by project owners to include detail necessary for job cost reporting software.
- Maintain profit/loss accountability for individual projects to include job cost controls as established by the construction manager and take proactive measures to meet or beat budgeted costs.
- Present and discuss change order needs with owners andowners' representatives.
- Read and interpret owner's drawings and specifications insuring that AB&R staff and sub-contractors understand all the specific job requirements.
- Schedule and coordinate all resources as needed to complete the project.
- Monitor self-performed work to ensure labor and equipment resources are in line with needs.
- Review daily time sheets to insure accurate job cost data.
- Create and maintain general schedule and update schedule as job progresses or changes.
- Create ten day detailed schedule and update weekly.
- Provide all AB&R personnel and sub-contractor personnel with sufficient notice to ensure all work is started on schedule.
- Order and properly allocate cost for all material resources needed to complete the project.
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent preferred, but may be substituted by experience.
- 7+ years of experience in the construction industry with projects in the fields of heavy highway, bridges, heavy civil, dirt work, etc.
- Project management experience in the construction industry with projects in the fields of heavy highway, bridges, heavy civil, etc.
- TxDot experience a huge plus
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and a matching 401K plan.