Our ideal candidate will have established relations and contacts in the North Texas Highways and Roads market or will be strong enough to build these relations.
This position will:
- Require advanced skills for business development, estimating, and request for proposal response.
- Provide overall supervision and coordination on one large project or several small projects that
A market leading construction company that has jobs in all aspects of Civil Construction.
- Organizational and writing skills for business development.
- Direct all job personnel in the implementation of E.E.O., safety, and preventive maintenance policies.
- Analyze and update cost information on job cost reporting data.
- Review all billings to ensure accurate reflection of job cost.
- Submit regular billings to owners to ensure prompt payment.
- Process all change orders as required by project owners to include detail necessary for job cost reporting software.
- Maintain profit/loss accountability for individual projects to include job cost controls as established by the construction manager and take proactive measures to meet or beat budgeted costs.
- Present and discuss change order needs with owners and owners' representatives.
- Construction management/CMAR experience.
- Read and interpret owner's drawings and specifications insuring that AB&R staff and sub-contractors understand all the specific job requirements.
- Schedule and coordinate all resources as needed to pursue and build the project.
- Monitor self-performed work to ensure labor and equipment resources are in line with needs.
- Review daily time sheets to insure accurate job cost data.
- Create and maintain general schedule and update schedule as job progresses or changes.
- Create ten day detailed schedule and update weekly.
- Provide all AB&R personnel and sub-contractor personnel with sufficient notice to ensure all work is started on schedule.
- Order and properly allocate cost for all material resources needed to complete the project.
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent preferred, but may be substituted by experience.
- 15+ years of experience in the construction industry with a minimum of five (5) years as a project manager
- Experience with roadway and bridge projects
- Project management experience in the construction industry with projects in the fields of heavy highway, bridges, heavy civil, etc.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and a matching 401K plan.