Now Hiring - Project Manager.
Flexential stands for something not often found in the world of IT transformation: the human touch. The best infrastructure solutions aren’t about infrastructure, they’re about people. With a mission to accelerate customer success through people and technology, we build trusted relationships and deliver tailored, value-added and reliable solutions to demonstrate the power of people in a technical world.
Utilizing our people, values and reliable performance, Flexential is deeply invested in the success of our 4,200+ customers, who trust us to deliver core data center solutions of colocation and connectivity, as well as cloud, managed solutions and professional services. Flexential’s robust suite of assets spans 21 domestic and international markets and comprises 41 highly redundant and connectivity-rich data centers.
- Manage large-complexity implementation projects from start to finish
- Manage communications and documentation for large-complexity projects
- Manage resource plans and risk profiles for large-complexity projects
- Coordinate with internal resources and service delivery partners to deliver complex technology solutions
- Develop project plans to define deliverables, establish timelines, identify dependencies and identify critical path items
- Maintain accurate project installation data to aid in forecasting of installs impacting revenue
- Establish communications management plans for each project consisting of cadence calls, scheduled email communication, and other agreed upon tools
- Forecast and communicate revenue milestones for each project
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks and understand steps to mitigate proactively
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Identify changes to the project scope and schedule using appropriate verification techniques
- Successfully communicate with CTO/CIO level executives on projects and have the ability to articulate highly technical subject matter to non-technical individuals
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Enhance department and organization by accepting ownership for various internal projects
- 10+ years in the technical project management field
- BS in business or technical field
- PMP Certification
- In-depth knowledge of cloud, colocation, and networking solutions
- Understanding of ITIL framework and ITSM methodology
- Experience working with project management software such as MS Project and Visio with some exposure to online PM tools
- Unique technical understanding of the product development lifecycle, including being able to identify opportunities to provide new solutions to customers.
- Experience working within strong matrix organizations
- Ability to strive above and beyond to maintain ownership and meet objective throughout the implementation
- Highly motivated problem solver with ability to overcome obstacles
- Willingness to adapt and accept change on an ongoing basis, we are always improving.
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- Proper telephone etiquette
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive attitude
- Strong attention to detail, and a capacity to follow procedures
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment.
- Self-Motivator, Confident, Inquisitive, Sole Ownership mentality
- Consistent track record of meeting and exceeding customer project deadlines
- Other training and experience may be substituted for the job requirements at the discretion of the manager.
- Familiarity with Basic Networking and troubleshooting concepts
- Familiarity with Firewall, Networking and Load balancer concepts
- Familiarity using ServiceNow and Microsoft Project is desired
- Familiarity working within an ITIL and/or IT Service Management aligned environment.
- Familiarity with Windows and/or Linux Operating Systems
Why Work with Us:
At Flexential, we value the unique contribution of every team member and believe that through innovation and flexibility, we can delight our customers with best-in-class solutions. We enjoy unique employee perks, such as our employee “get healthy” subsidy which enables team members to experience life to the fullest – enter a race, learn how to cook or skydive, or buy a membership to that boutique fitness place near you - the options are endless!
With our work hard, family-oriented culture, we recognize the importance of celebrating individual and team success. Through employee driven activities organized by our Culture Committee in every region, “we work hard and play harder.” We love to celebrate together with summer BBQs, go kart racing, movie nights, tailgates, and family picnics.