RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of a Project Manager in Downey, California (CA).
The Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of inventory management including receiving, storage and distribution of the program-wide pharmaceutical inventory. One is responsible for the personnel activities of employees including hiring, training, motivation, disciplining and terminating.
Essential Job Functions:
- Overall responsibility for inventory management to include receiving, put-away, relocation, replenishment, storage and the distribution of over $300 million worth of pharmaceuticals each year to all regions
- Coordinates and supervises the activities of the controlled substances area to ensure compliance with both federal and state regulations
- This includes supervising the quarterly destruction of controlled substances and the year-end CSA inventory
- Monitors return goods activities to include the return of usable items to stock and the preparation of nonstock/non-usable items for return to their respective vendors for credit
- Supervises inventory counts and inventory adjustments
- Monitors and ensures complete warehouse security
- Ensures that appropriate safety programs are provided to educate employees as to the correct work procedure to reduce the potential for on the job injuries
- Ensures that all pharmacy start up orders are shipped in a timely manner
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 3 years of recent relevant warehouse inventory experience
- Excellent people skills as they will manage a team of about 15 employees
- Previous management experience in in a union environment preferred
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.