Requisition ID: 22222
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
E&C Early Stage Project Manager
This position is responsible for supporting the acquisition (M&A) of small scale solar and battery projects from an engineering and construction perspective. Requires daily coordination of various departments (Development, Engineering, Estimating, Supply Chain and Construction) to complete pre-construction activities. Duties include the coordination of various teams to ensure resources are focused on the right activities, and to ensure projects moving to the construction stage of development can be turned over to the field Construction Team with an executable construction plan (including schedule, budget, risks & mitigations, etc.).
You will manage the pre-construction project schedule and budget. Support in the negotiation of M&A transactions for acquiring DG solar and battery projects, in particular, from an engineering and construction perspective. Perform due diligence on developed projects, and updating project designs (if required) to meet NextEra project requirements. Manage project engineering, equipment orders, and EPC contractors. Provide regular reporting of project development status to management, internal construction team, and external parties. Tracking multiple development projects and reporting a status on each project. Task subject matter experts on weekly activities required. Coordinate regular project update calls with relevant internal and external parties. Assist in the preparation of internal investment approval presentations. Review power purchase agreements, site leases, renewable energy credit purchase and sale agreements, interconnection applications and agreements, and negotiating engineering/procurement/construction agreements.
Prefer 7 years of work experience in power project development, M&A due diligence/execution, or a related field.
Preferred experience in Distributed Generation project development and/or M&A transaction. Ability to perform duties in a collaborative, unstructured working environment. Strong analytical, problem solving and quantitative skills. Self-starter with strong organizational skills, extreme attention to detail and commitment to producing high quality work product
This position is responsible for the overall management of the team and assigned projects, to ensure compliance within required budgetary, scheduling, and safety goals. Employees in this role coordinate and manage construction work performed by contractors and/or vendors at the project site. Employees in this role manage the engineering, procurement and construction oversight-activities necessary to develop, license/permit, erect, start-up, and commence commercial operations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Works collaboratively with resources in various disciplines to determine project priorities and work plans
• Meets corporate objectives with limited project management, scheduling and estimating resources
• Manages department resources to provide effective early-stage project development support
• Ensures projects are efficiently, effectively and safely implemented in accordance with department procedures and policies
• Manages walk down of planned work, validates acceptance of completed work to design requirements, approves contractor payment requests
• Verifies constructability, ensures proper resource allocations, assesses field status and resolves issues as needed
• Leads project meetings and reviews budget, risk tracker, and contingency allocations
• Interfaces with project's designated management committees, or acts as Executive Director of project activities
• Supervises activities and/or coordinates activities or groups, such as safety programs, engineering, construction, budget, and analysis and contract administration
• Oversees commissioning activities to meet corporate objectives, with limited project management, scheduling and estimating resources
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience:7+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Maintenance/Construction
Organization: NextEra Project Mgmt (0012)
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Nearest Major Market: Palm Beach
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami