|Category:||Manufacturing / Warehouse|
|Description:|| Project Manager - Medical devices |
This position is responsible for executing Project Management activities and strategies throughout the organization, including those related to product development, risk management, change management, and issue management. This includes accountability for the execution of related company policies and procedures. This involves ensuring execution of cross-functional project management processes and methodologies, with the goal of developing and delivering innovative, quality, safe and effective products, services, and business processes
1. In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
2. Lead defined project teams to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control, and close assigned projects.
3. Achieve on-time project delivery performance objectives.
4. Achieve project scope, schedule, and budget requirements.
5. Measure performance and progress of all assigned projects using appropriate tools and techniques. Identify and quantify any variances, perform required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
6. Prepare and present regular project performance and progress reports to senior and executive management.
7. Report on key project performance indicators and evaluate for appropriate action.
8. Monitor resource loading using appropriate and available tools. Recommend and facilitate sharing of resources among constituent projects to the overall benefit of the organization.
9. Lead and facilitate stakeholder management by communicating relevant information regarding project decisions and prioritizations.
10. Create and maintain project plans and schedules.
11. Develop plans using goals and objectives of the project, appropriate related procedures, applicable historical information, and other necessary resources in order to align projects with the expectations of sponsors and stakeholders.
12. Execute project plans (quality, risk, communication, resources, development, etc.) by using the appropriate tools and methodologies.
13. Manage and control changes to the project scope, project schedule, project resources, and project costs in order to keep the project plan accurate, updated, and reflective of authorized scope, budget, and schedule.
14. Responsible for the coordinated management of multiple projects.
15. Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with various functions in the organization.
16. Provide performance feedback on assigned project team members to functional management.
17. Identify and facilitate continuous improvement activities.
18. Perform other duties as assigned.
Requires a four-year college degree in business or technical field and a minimum of five years of experience in Project Management, Operations, or Product Development. Intermediate computer software skills, i.e. Microsoft
Office. Master’s degree in business, engineering management, or engineering preferred. PMP (Project
Management Professional) Certification preferred.
The duties and responsibilities mentioned in the job description are representative of the essential functions of the position. The performance management system incorporates competencies which are identified, discussed and evaluated in order to meet operational milestones.
Four types of competencies have been identified that are tied to job families; Sales competencies are job specific skills and methods required of our sales Associates, Core Competencies for salaried and hourly Associates are the abilities and behaviors expected of all Associates in non-leadership roles, Leadership Competencies are specific abilities and behaviors required of those performing formal management roles or other leadership roles (i.e. Project Leaders).
|Requirements:|| 1. The successful candidate will have 5- 10 (prefer 10) years of technical project management experience in medical device, pharma or military /working in a highly regulated environment. |
2. Engineering background preferred.
3. Candidate must have extraordinary attention to detail skills
4. Candidate must have very strong interpersonal skills and be able to effectively influence others to meet goals without authority
5. Candidate must have extraordinary time management and organizational skills
6. Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills including being able to deliver difficult messages in a professional manner
7. Candidate must be creative and possess extraordinary problem-solving skills
8. Position is full-time and will report to the Director, Engineering.
The types of projects that the Project Manager will oversee includes new product launches inclusive of product and process design activities, significant process re-design and automated equipment implementation, as well as lifecycle management design changes requiring Design History Files. The type and mix of projects the Project Manager will oversee will depend upon the needs of the company but the three general types of projects listed should account for the bulk of the work.
***All Qualified Candidates, please contact: Mike Puhl ***
|Job Location:||Elkton, MD|
|Synerfac Branch:||Wilmington, DE|
|Synerfac Branch Phone:||(302) 324-9400|