Position assists with a wide assortment of Life Cycle Renovations and Special Projects for the Community. Provide onsite planning assistance and supervision of contractors. Works with Erickson Facility Management Team to be the on site liaison for Life Cycle Renovations and Special Projects. Ensures standards are maintained throughout the Community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage and produce numerous special projects requested by the Community.
- Facilitate requests through compliance with Standards to ensure requests are performed in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Conduct site visits to validate field conditions and specifications.
- Assist with research and inquiries required to investigate a wide variety of facility projects.
- Maintain complete understanding of construction documents and specifications for respective projects. Maintain understanding of all owner/architectural directives and changes. Review submittals and shop drawings.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with Community Departments, EFM and contractors.
- Management of Life Cycle and Special Projects to include:
- Assisting Community in identifying scope of services and needs for projects.
- Attending pre-bid, pre-con, progress meetings, and punch outs.
- Scheduling contractors and coordinating with Community Departments.
- Supervising contractors on a daily basis.
- Approving change orders on Community’s behalf, in agreement with EFM.
- Coordinating furniture and material receiving.
- Provide Construction Management:
- Ensure contractors perform all work to specifications and Erickson Standards in a professional workmanlike manner.
- Assure that safe working conditions exist on the job site, maintain compliance with appropriate governmental safety standards.
- Coordinate the activities of various contractors, ensuring that their work is completed. Coordinate all work schedules with the General Services Departments and respective Community Departments.
- Ensure all work is in compliance with contract documents, industry standards, quality and completeness to minimize “punch-work.” Establish and recognize acceptable levels of quality and incorporate means and methods of maintaining quality standards.
- Facilitate any required inspections by various jurisdictional authorities, perform preliminary inspection of work to ensure compliance with code requirements and maintain cooperative relationship with inspectors.
- Work with the EFM Project Manager in evaluating job costs, obtaining bids, conducting progress meetings, and conducting punch-outs.
- Ensure the project is maintained in a clean and orderly manner, organizing bids conducting progress meetings, and conducting punch-outs.
- Completely and thoroughly understand all aspects of job, terms and conditions of contract agreements, purchase orders, contract documents, and basic requirements of building codes, OSHA regulations and/or other industry standards.
- Establish schedules for construction phases for all projects. Communicate and coordinate project schedules with the communities. Ensure schedules are met and coordinated among the various trades and suppliers. Works with EFM and Community Departments to schedule punch-outs with contractors and appropriate consultants.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Should possess excellent organizational, written and interpersonal skills. Must possess an ability to effectively interface with various contractors and management staff at all levels. Must function independently, be flexible, have personal integrity and possess the ability to effectively work with residents and staff. Must have the ability to coordinate and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Deal effectively with representatives of the Owner, various Consultants, Contractors and community staff to facilitate problem solving. Maintain ethical and business-like relationships with contractors and suppliers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED required and a minimum of one year experience as a Facilities Coordinator/Department Manager of General Services or equivalent.
Oversee work performed by all contractors.