Permanent position: Engineering & Construction client involved in designing and building heavy industrial plants mainly in the oil & gas sectore, is looking for a Project Manager for their Construction division. This is a corporate office based job that supports the field construction efforts & activities. Experience supporting refinery, petrochem, chemical process or any oil & gas type EPC project is preferred. *** salary is commensurate with experience ***
Responsibilities for the Project Manager• Your main responsibility will be to provide support to your field constrction team by working out of the corporate office and interfacing with internal engineering & constrcution departments as well as site subcontractors on heavy industrial plant EPC projects
• Define & create the scope of work for the construction of a project as well as determining the requirements to execute the construction portion
• Visit the construction site monthly to add additional support to the field construction team as well as solve any problems with site subcontractors
• Assist in the gathering of Project Specific Documents as required and help develop a complete bid package for subcontractors
• Provide an in depth review of the bid documents to ensure that the selected subcontractors have full understanding of the Scope of Work
• Participate in evaluation and negotiation of the bids received and make recommendations for the selection of a subcontractor.
• Help lead the Construction Project Team and facilitate the communication and interaction among the internal & external functional representatives
• Participate in the Kick-off meeting to review and agree on the respective Scope of Work, special requirements, schedule, and budget.
• Prepare monthly reports & updates (and possible presentations) for the Construction Site manager, Project Manager, and the Customer
Requirements for the Project Manager• You need 10-15+ years of engineering & construction experience supporting heavy industrial plant construction projects valued at $25+ million
• You need at least 5 years of site construction experience on these heavy industrial construction projects ideally as a Construction Manager, Construction Supervisor, Construction Engineer, Project Engineer or Field Engineer
• You need enough site construction experience to create a complete construction scope of work on an EPC project
• You need experinece providing support to the project subcontractor bid, review & selection process
• You need experience interfacing and collaborating with subcontractors on construction projects in order to ensure the construction is being performed according to the project standards
• You need to be proficient with generating documents, reports and presentations by yourself using Excel, Word & Power Point
• Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
• Any experience developing proposals & managing the proposal process specifically for the construction portion of large heavy industrial plant EPC projects is a PLUS
Benefits• Full Benefits
• Relocation Package
• Excellent Pay