Are you passionate about engineering? Do you like to think up, create, design, build, and test bleeding edge new products? Are you looking for a hands-on position working on real products? If so, you could be a great fit for our team!
Based in Huntsville, AL, SCI Technology’s Advanced Technology Group, with a fast-paced start-up atmosphere plus the stability and resources of a Fortune-500 company, is seeking highly motivated engineers to join our team. Working with technology partners, we rapidly develop new products for a wide range of defense, aerospace, and commercial markets.
We are currently seeking an experienced Project Engineer to join our Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) team in the development of a new class of UAS. You will be expected to support the product’s design activity from requirements definition through development, qualification testing and low rate initial production (LRIP). You will be expected to perform assigned duties with minimal supervision.
Nature of Duties:
- Work with cross-functional project teams to develop new products following best practices
- Manage all project technical activities, assuring project accuracy and quality from conception to completion
- Schedule, coordinate and monitor assigned projects
- Assure project adheres to Sanmina-SCI product development process
- Assign tasks/responsibilities to meet project schedule
- Monitor compliance to applicable regulations, QA policies, performance standards and specifications
- Perform overall quality control of the project (budget, schedule, team performance) and report project status on a regular basi
Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited university (MS is beneficial)
- Minimum 8 years of Project Management experience
- Ability to work effectively with multiple engineering disciplines
- Decision making ability and leadership skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Experience with the design, development, test, manufacturing and operation of UAS and related systems
- Strong problem solving skills, excellent writing skills, good communication skills, and ability to work in a team
- Proficient in use of MS Project
- Proficient in use of MS Office Suite
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance if required
- Occasional travel may be required (<10%)
- Must have the ability to solve problems through innovation and creativity, as well as through listening to other team members and working to develop the best path forward
- Must possess the ability to work successfully in a cross-functional team environment and be able to communicate effectively in both written and verbal forms
- Should be able to express ideas and design intent to other team members, management, and customers
- should be self-motivated with the ability to take milestone objectives and develop plans to meet customer expectations (both internal and external)
- Must be able to develop new ideas and creative solutions to problems
EEO Employer Veterans/Disabled
Project (Design) Mgr : Manages the development and implementation process of a company’s products and services. Coordinates departmental or cross-functional teams, focused on delivering new or upgrading existing products. Monitors the project from initiation through delivery including planning and directing schedules and monitoring budget/spending. Organizes cross-functional activities, ensuring completion of the project i.e. product on schedule and within budget constraints.