Project Manager - Infrastructure / Corporate Real Estate
Location: Hartford, CT area
Duration: 6+ Month Contract, possible RTH
The Project Manager drives all aspects of IT Infrastructure Project activity related to a large-scale Data Center relocation project. Coordinates Real Estate IT Infrastructure project delivery in support of company business objectives. Defines scope, work plan, resource needs, timeline and budget. Manages resources (i.e., capital requirements and human capital, etc.) to complete project/program on time and within budget. Keeps team and leadership updated on project status and risk factors. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. Provides technical and process guidance to project team. This role requires excellent leadership and facilitation skills, as well as the ability to be flexible on project delivery approach based on business requirements and drivers.
- Drives the development and execution of project plan by working with project team to define, sequence, and estimate duration of activities and determine schedules to meet project objectives.
- Ensures consistency and adherence to standards, processes, and policies for all projects.
- Manages all aspects of the project execution including: chartering, scope definition, requirements gathering, project planning, change control, risk management and reporting.
- Facilitates and manages resource planning, cost estimation, budget development, and cost control.
- Manages and controls all project-related meetings.
- Manages the identification, resolution and escalation of project risks and issues.
- Tracks project budget and resource utilization against plan.
- Plans and executes project communications ensuring timely and accurate distribution of information, documentation, and issue resolution to all appropriate team members.
- 10+ years of Infrastructure Project Management.
- Recent experience executing various IT Infrastructure projects.
- Experience with large-scale Data Center relocation, build or move projects preferred.
- Experience coordinating Corporate Real Estate IT Infrastructure project delivery highly desired.
- Experience coordinating with vendors and IT resources to solution and build IT Infrastructure including Circuits, Telecom, AV/TP, MDFs, IDFs, low voltage cabling, Desktop, APs, and Security.
- Strong Project Management skills, including application delivery control, closure/acceptance, financial administration, and documentation.
- Must have end-to-end project experience including Logistical Support/Planning, Plan Execution/Task Management, Resource Deployment/Management, and Implementation/Rollout/Delivery.
- Proficient in MS-Office products including Excel, PowerPoint, and MS-Project.
- Experience with Clarity and SharePoint nice to have.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively with Sr. Management with a high level of confidence.
- Energetic, quick learner, able to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent communication and liaison skills.
- PMP certification and experience with Agile a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.